Last Updated: 06/13/16
Sleepy’s operates retail bedding specialty stores which offer a wide variety of high quality sleep products. Sleepy’s brings it reputation of quality and service to you through the ease and convenience of on-line shopping via the Website. Sleepy’s credit card underwriters operate sites embedded within the Website. Such sites are governed by separate privacy policies, which we encourage you to read at such time as you access those sites. The Website is not intended for persons under 18 years of age. Sleepy’s does not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children, and we do not knowingly market our products or services to children.
Sleepy’s recognizes the importance of our customers' privacy. We strive to manage your personal information with the utmost care. This policy applies to customer information obtained by Sleepy’s in connection with its operations, both in stores and online. This policy describes:
1. How and why we collect your personal information.
2. How your information is used and protected.
3. When and with whom we share your information.
4. The choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information.
Why We Collect Information
We collect personal information about you to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. We strive to limit the amount of personal information collected to support the intended purpose of the collection. For example, if you order a product, we need to have information such as your billing address, age, product choice, delivery information, and payment processing information. In addition, your personal information helps us communicate with you about our latest products, special offers, and information and events about which you might like to hear. We also collect your personal information to help us design and deliver our website, and to delivery targeted advertisements to you when you use the website. When we use the term “aggregate” information it means, generally, that we may combine information obtained from you together with information from other sources, which may help us develop a more targeted user profile concerning you and/or your demographic information. For example, if you provide us with your email address, we may cross-check that address against information that might be otherwise available through other entities with whom we have business relationships in order to develop a more in-depth demographic profile of you.
What Information We Collect
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with Sleepy’s, both in stores and online. Some examples are when you:
1. Create an account on one of our websites;
2. Make an online or in-store purchase from us;
3. Request customer service or contact us;
4. Submit a Sleepy’s related story, testimonial, rating or review, or other user-generated content that may be posted on the Website;
5. Participate in a contest, sweepstakes, promotion, or survey; or
6. Otherwise submit personal information to us along with any related content of the communication.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive personal information about you from other sources as well. Examples of these sources are entities that can help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and help prevent or detect fraud. In addition, we may collect information from consumer reporting agencies or other service providers if you obtain certain financial products.
Automated Information Collection
Even if you do not submit personal information through the Website, we receive and store certain types of information when you interact with the Website, emails, and online advertising. Our purpose is to allow the Website to work correctly, to evaluate use of the Website, and to support Website analytics and marketing campaigns. In this process of gathering information, we may collect personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information. Some examples include:
1. General Browsing: We may collect technical information such as your internet protocol address and service provider, your computer’s operating system and browser type and version, domain type, date/time stamp, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our web pages. We may also create and use electronic records to compile statistics about how our visitors collectively interact with our Website.
4. Widgets and Server Logs: A “widget” is generally an application that can be embedded into a web page. Widgets can provide real-time information to the page. Widgets are often provided by third-parties and we may provide widgets on our Website. A web “server log” is a record of activity created by a computer that delivers certain web pages to your browser. Certain activities that you perform on our Website may record information in server logs, such as if you enter a search term into a search box located on the Website. The server log may record the search term, or the link you clicked on to bring you to the Website. The server log may also record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser.
5. Search Queries: We may provide you with options to search for information on the Website. If you enter information in a search query box, we may store that information and we may aggregate that information with other information we may have about the browser and/or the IP address from which the search query originated.
6. Third-Party Service Provider Cookies and Web Beacons: Currently, we use third party-placed tracking pixels and cookies and related or similar technologies for to help us understand how our Website is used, to personalize our content, develop and improve our products and services including improving advertising,from the following business partner: Bazaarvoice, Inc. Bazaarvoice may collect information about your visits to our Website, purchase activity, and your interaction with our products and social commerce services. Such information is anonymous and does not include your name, address, e-mail address or other personal information. The anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag (also known as cookies and action tags), which is industry-standard technology used by most major websites. This information allows us to offer social commerce services that allow you to share your opinion about the products on our Website, to improve such social commerce service functionality, and to recognize you when you return. Non-personally identifiable information obtained through cookies and web beacons may be shared with or obtained by service providers on our behalf. In addition to the anonymous information about your visits to our Website, Bazaarvoice may also use the anonymous information about your visits to other websites within the Bazaarvoice Network to provide targeted advertisements and offers for our products and services. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this anonymous information used by our third-party service providers, please visit http://www.bazaarvoice.com/consumer-privacy-policy.
Users may opt out of Google’s DoubleClick remarketing pixel, which you may opt out of by visiting the DoubleClick opt-out page at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb#display_optout
We may operate cameras in stores for security and operational purposes, such as to measure traffic patterns. Except for security purposes, we do not use these cameras to identify you personally.
You should also be aware that some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that, when turned on, send a signal in the browser header to websites and online services indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. It is up to the website you visit (and any third parties providing advertising, content, or other functionality on the website) to decide how it will interpret and treat the signal. However, there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal. As a result, Sleepy’s does not currently respond to the browser DNT signals on the Website or on third-party websites where Sleepy’s provides advertisements, content or is otherwise able to collect information. We continue to work with the online industry to define a common understanding of how to treat DNT signals. In the meantime, users may continue to opt-out of targeted ads from Sleepy’s as set forth above.
How We Use Your Information
Sleepy’s uses your information in a variety of ways to offer and provide our products and services to you and to support our core business functions. These include order or service fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions. Some examples include:
1. To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
2. To register and service your account;
3. To administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and promotions;
4. To provide customer service and alert you to product information;
5. To help us improve and customize our service offerings, the Website, and advertising;
6. To send you information about our products, services, and promotions; and
6. To protect the security or integrity of the Website and our business.
To accomplish these purposes, we may combine personal and non-personal information we collect online with offline information, including information from third parties. We may transfer or disclose your information within our corporate family of companies for these purposes.
How We Disclose Your Information Outside Sleepy’s
Sleepy’s does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We only disclose your personal information with your prior consent or under the following limited circumstances.
We may disclose or otherwise make available personal information about you to service providers that help with our business operations. Examples are shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, and companies that help us improve our product and service offerings and the Website. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers or Sleepy’s maintains facilities. We require our service providers to keep your information secure. In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may disclose your information in other special circumstances. These include situations when the sharing is necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Sleepy’s, our customers, our associates, or any other person, or where otherwise required by law. Examples include protecting the health or safety of customers, or addressing crimes committed on Sleepy’s property. Data from in-store security cameras may also be provided to law enforcement upon written request. Sleepy’s may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Sleepy’s or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
Sleepy’s believes in providing a safe and secure experience for all our online visitors. We maintain reasonable physical and electronic safeguards designed to limit unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information.
We use data encryption technology when transferring and receiving your personal information. For example, in the transactions submitted by you on the Website, a solid key icon or a locked padlock icon at the lower portion of your web browser window confirms the Website is secured through Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Pages requesting personal information should always have one of these icons. You can also confirm your data is being encrypted by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure server, the Website address will change from “http” to “https”.
While we use the foregoing security measures to protect your information, please note that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored and utilized for business purposes can be guaranteed to be completely secure. No security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on the Website will not become publically available. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up to date antivirus software.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates' direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of personal information shared with third parties and used for direct marketing purposes and the name and address of the third parties that received such personal information. If you are a California resident and want a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: Sleepy’s, 1000 South Oyster Bay Road, Hicksville, NY 11801. In your request, please specify that you want a "Your Sleepy’s California Privacy Rights Notice." Please allow 30 days for a response.
Choice and Opt-Out
You may remove your information from our database so as to not receive future communications or to close your account by calling us at 1-800-SLEEPYS or sending postal mail (certified mail, return receipt recommended) to Sleepy’s, 1000 South Oyster Bay Road, Hicksville, New York 11801. If you prefer not to receive electronic promotional communications, you can also opt-out by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each communication. If you have signed up for mobile text messaging offers but later decide that you no longer wish to receive these offers simply follow the opt-out instructions included in the mobile message. We will note in our database that you have elected to opt out of future emails from our company. Your record will still remain in our database but you will not receive any future mailings unless we manually opt you back in.
Please note that changes may not be effective immediately. In each event, you must clearly indicate the information that you wish to have changed or clearly indicate that you wish to have your personally identifiable information removed from our database. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably possible. Note that despite any request for removal of or change to personally identifiable information, we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed. Finally, we are not responsible for informing third parties (including without limitation our third party service providers or strategic partners), with whom we have already shared your personally identifiable information, of any changes requested pursuant to this section, or for removing information from or causing information to be removed from the databases or records of such entities.
Electronic Promotional Offers
If you do not want to receive emails from us regarding special promotions or offers, you may: (1) click the unsubscribe link at the footer of any e-mail or (2) call customer care at 1-800-SLEEPYS. If you use more than one e-mail address to shop with us, send your messages from each e-mail account you use. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving e-mails, we may continue to send you electronic service notifications that are related to your account(s), orders, or other services you have requested.